We had our last inspection in March 2018 and are delighted with the ‘Good’ outcome under a new and tougher framework. The report highlighted the following strengths:
- Pupils get off to a great start in developing their early reading skills as teaching of reading is highly effective.
- The teaching of phonics is first rate.
- Pupils are strongly motivated by their experiences in school and told the inspector that “Learning is challenging because you can always improve.”
- Pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- Pupils radiate confidence, self-assurance and enjoyment of learning.
- The school’s curriculum is exceptionally well considered and holds terrific appeal for the pupils.
- Pupils across the school benefit from reading high quality- texts in class.
We have already begun to address the report points for action and we now hope to continue to move our school fowards: to be the best that we can possibly be for the children!
Read the full report Aston and Cote Primary School Ofsted Report