Windmill 2 Class is home to our Reception children who are aged 4-5 years. Our class teacher is Mrs Chadwick who is ably assisted by TAs, Mrs Moss and Mrs McMillan
Our mission within the Early Years Foundation Stage is to be a caring unit that enables children to succeed as unique individuals and celebrate their achievements. We strive for a place where the children are inspired and develop interests in learning for life, within a happy, creative and secure environment. Foundation Stage is the start of the children’s school life and we create strong foundations for the children which embed good attitudes for learning. These foundations are the building blocks to support children on their journey through a happy and successful life in education.
As a whole staff team, we aim to:
- Create a stimulating learning environment which ensures each child achieves their full potential
- Ensure that every child receives a broad and balanced education of the highest standard, and are helped to discover their individual strengths
- Maintain a safe, caring, happy community where every child matters and each child feels safe, nurtured, loved and supported
- Encourage respect for each other and for the environment
- Create self-motivated, self-disciplined, confident, independent thinkers
- Nurture the spiritual, moral, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of each individual for life
- Build strong partnerships with families to create an open and welcoming school
- Develop and promote lively and inquisitive minds with the desire and skill to explore new ideas
- Foster a sense of awe and wonder and develop natural curiosity, so children enjoy learning in and out of school
- Encourage our children to believe in themselves, whist equipping them with the fundamental skills to enjoy and achieve in life
- Interact with all the children to develop language acquisition and oracy.
In Windmill our intention is to develop an ethos in which all will thrive. Diversity and differences will be valued, respected and celebrated by all, and these aspects will contribute to the richness of our school life and learning.
All children in the Foundation Stage are taught in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
In Windmill 2 we teach the children to read accurately and fluently with good comprehension. They learn to form each letter, spell correctly, and compose their ideas step-by-step, using Read Write Inc.
We follow White Rose Maths, a maths mastery programme which builds a culture of deep understanding, confidence and competence in maths – a culture that produces strong, secure learning and real progress.